Electronic Resources Specialist (Librarian) - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group is seeking an Electronic Resources Specialist (Librarian) to work at a well-respected law firm with offices in located throughout the country. The Electronic Resources Specialist is responsible for managing the department contracts, invoices, and payments, including the utilization of appropriate systems and coordination with Finance / Accounts Payable to ensure access to resources is available and maintained. This is a full-time hybrid position offering competitive salary and benefits and will require travel to the New York office occasionally (if not located in the NYC area). Candidates must work in one of the firm's offices in either New York, Washington, DC, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, and/or Houston.
- Maintains all department contracts in the contracts management system, per established workflows.
- Enters all orders for newly purchased or renewed resources into the appropriate systems and communicates details to department staff, per established workflows.
- Prepares weekly invoice spreadsheets for payment and reconciles paid invoices via ILS and Chrome River.
- Reconciles and processes for payment the department’s monthly American Express bill.
- Prepare monthly chargeback files for metered research databases.
- Liaises with Accounts Payable and with vendors to resolve issues including outstanding balances, invoice discrepancies and refunds.
- Maintains various monthly usage and budget reports, at the direction of the Electronic Resources Librarian.
- Resolves access issues by responding directly to user inquiries and concerns, troubleshoot and perform regular maintenance
- Coordinates with the IT department and library vendors to resolve electronic resource technical issues.
- Documents and maintains policies and procedures related to electronic resources.
- Assists Electronic Resources Librarian with special projects, as assigned.
- Recognizes the value of professional networking and actively participate in professional associations and online communities.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in library technical services/operations environment.
- Demonstrated experience using an integrated library system.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products, particularly Excel
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively determine priorities and coordinate workflow effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills with a client focus
- Ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing
- Process-oriented with great attention to detail and technical acuity
- Ability to prioritize, plan and multi-task work activities; adapts for changing conditions and works effectively
- Superior organizational skills, unflagging attention to detail, and demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of library systems, particularly SIRSI and OCLC
- Experience using Electronic Resource Management Systems such as, OneLog, and contract management platforms
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.