Economist & Research Analyst - LAC Group
Location: Canada - New Brunswick - MonctonLAC Group is seeking an inquisitive and analytical Junior Economist and Research Analyst for its Moncton, NB office to deliver essential macro and microeconomic analysis to clients, and to supplement larger competitive intelligence and industry trends reports with economic and financial analysis.
The position will also be responsible for uncovering and collecting published/open-source information, analyzing and curating findings, and producing various types of research reports to support our clients’ strategy and marketing needs. The role includes, but is not limited to, business analysis and research (financial, strategic, competitive), synthesizing and contextualizing data, developing competitor and market profiles, collaboration and project management and client relations.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional client service and interpersonal communication skills, a technological aptitude, professional writing skills, and a strong attention to detail. This is a full-time opportunity with benefits.
The junior economist and research analyst position requires an individual who can translate information requests into research plans, enjoys tracking down information, can ask the right questions to determine which information is relevant to the client and their business needs, and can present the information in a concise, digestible format.
Our growing research team is a smart, highly talented group with a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We place a high value on teamwork, editorial mindsets, intellectual curiosity and a desire to make a difference.
The successful candidate should have a sound knowledge and skills in economic concepts, spreadsheet modeling, and written and verbal communications. An interest in business strategy is helpful, and experience and/or education in business, legal services, investigative journalism or research support is an asset. Candidates should have a sharp eye for detail; a good sense of relevance; and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics
- Knowledge of economic and financial analysis methods
- 2-3 years’ experience of business, professional services, financial services, consulting or market intelligence research would be a plus
- General business knowledge/background is an asset
- Essential technology skills: Use of data analysis tools, online advanced search, Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Market and competitive analysis skills
- Report building and writing skills
- Strong client communication skills
- Oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate information requests into research plans
- Ability to produce written reports, including ability to quickly summarize information and format reports for aesthetic purposes
- Very strong organizational skills
- Comfort level with a deadline driven environment (efficiency, prioritizing requests, etc.)
- Strong initiative, innovative and creative skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Sector-specific source/tools capabilities (e.g., Westlaw, Pitchbook, etc.) a plus
- Extraction of key findings from synthesized, contextualized data
- Language requirements: Ability to write and edit in English is essential
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.