E-Learning Librarian - Southern New Hampshire University
Location: USA - NH - Manchester
Southern New Hampshire University's traditional campus is seeking an eLearning Librarian. This faculty position will contribute to the formulation, production, and advancement of initiatives that support Southern New Hampshire University's academic programs. Working collaboratively with the eLearning team, faculty, and staff, the successful candidate will implement and support innovative student-centered solutions and integrate the appropriate technologies to support instructional and research activities for learners.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Act as a library liaison for University initiatives with stakeholders across academic programming
- Develop learning objects, videos, and tutorials to enhance information literacy/research skills and access to library resources
- Incorporate library and OER resources, develop learning materials and participate in academic curriculum/program design across the University
- Troubleshoot access and technical issues with library resources in online courses
- Conduct information literacy instruction and training online or in-person for University students, faculty, staff and partners
- Participates in collection development and management to support academic programs
- Advise the SNHU community on issues related to copyright, accessibility, and refer to General Counsel as appropriate
- Expands the development and utilization of library resources and services while providing unique learning support, in coordination with University Library faculty and programming for learners.
- Perform library faculty responsibilities including participation in Library, University, and external professional committees
- Leads and participates in special projects as assigned
- Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program
- At least two years of professional experience in an academic library
- Knowledge of instructional design and learning theories as they apply to online education
- Experience creating and maintaining learning objects
- Knowledge of best practices in ADA compliance and accessibility as it relates to the library and higher education
- Experience using design and editing software for media like Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, Articulate, or other eLearning software
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues with library resources
- Experience delivering library instruction online and in-person
- Experience providing reference via email, chat, text, phone and in-person to staff, faculty and students
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology tools and skills
- Collection development experience
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We're proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We're constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!
Application instructions:Apply online here: https://lac.gp/2Hixfec
Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application. A background check is required for employment.