Docket Clerk - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group is seeking an experienced Docket Clerk for a full-time position at a prestigious international law firm! The successful candidate can work in the Los Angeles, Palo Alto or San Francisco offices. The firm offers excellent compensation and benefits.
- Calendaring support requirements for attorneys practicing in various jurisdictions and courts
- Review legal documents to calculate, record and disseminate important deadlines and events pursuant to practices and applicable rules
- Assist with case filings and court-related services as required
- Docket court filings, discovery and other substantive papers in the Firm’s calendaring system and record relevant dates and deadlines
- Prepare and distribute reports
- Advise on local rules and practices and applicable rules of procedure with respect to calendaring
- Assist with Knowledge Management initiative
- Assist with e-filing of documents in federal and state courts
- Respond to verbal and written requests/inquiries from attorneys and staff regarding calendared events, pleadings and court procedures
- Keep managing attorney apprised of legal developments with respect to calendaring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a calendaring department; Calendaring experience strongly preferred
- Ability to timely and accurately calculate deadlines in various jurisdictions including Trial and Appellate Courts; USPTO and Arbitration matters
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in industry-standard calendaring tools such as Court Alert, Compulaw or MA3000
- Proficiency in online court databases including Courtlink and PACER
- Ability to take initiative in handling projects and anticipating needs
- Able to organize and prioritize work and manage competing priorities
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.