Director, Knowledge Management & Information Architecture - CCL
Location: USA - Virtual - Remote
The Center for Creative Leadership is looking for a talented Director of Knowledge Management and Information Architecture for our global, research-based organization. In this position, you’ll be responsible for providing hands-on leadership of a small, highly talented team of KM individuals.
Specifically, as the primary content strategist you will lead the organization through the digital transformation from the current decentralized content environment into a digital, agile content driven enterprise that will help drive revenue for current core business and a rapidly growing digital portfolio.
To accomplish this, this individual should be technically astute to provide architectural guidance, technological recommendations and transition strategies that support the development and implementation of a robust information architecture.
In addition, you will also be responsible for:
- working with Organizational and IT leadership to develop and execute the strategy and plans that will create efficiencies and agility in content to help drive revenue across the organizations products and services.
- leading the next-generation technical architecture for enterprise content services and systems from the initial requirements gathering through the final implementation. This should include:
- Facilitating the alignment for defining business taxonomies/glossary, creation of an enterprise level common information model, and definition of enterprise models to connect data, content, and current and emergent business needs.
- Facilitating the definition, design and documentation of content services and information flows with big picture awareness of global business strategy.
- Developing information-sharing strategies and reference architectures to support key initiatives and business requirements, and bridge organizational silos while ensuring flexibility for new products and services.
- Working across the global organization and Executive Team to define and enforce content governance structures and processes.
- Providing direction and guidance to assure library operations are aligned with organizational needs and strategy and that information resources are integrated with organizational systems in useful ways.
- Providing servant leadership and motivation for a small team to drive significant change across the organization.
For serious consideration ALL candidates MUST possess:
- a Master’s degree in Library/Information Science, Information Management, or Knowledge Engineering and 8+ years working with digital asset management or learning content management systems, or equivalent education and experience.
- experience developing and managing taxonomies and ontologies and other elements of Information Architecture (search, navigation, etc.).
- demonstrated experience with digital content development, workflows, and best practices.
- demonstrated experience and ability to drive robust change across a global organization.
- experience evaluating and implementing asset management systems and practices.
- a track record of lifelong learning with a passion to educate others.
- experience working collaboratively across teams to build out scalable systems.
- a detail-oriented with a flexible, can-do attitude.
Other experience considered a major plus:
- Experience with Library management practices and digital library technologies
- Experience with Microsoft platform technologies (o365, SharePoint, Azure services, Microsoft graph, etc.)
- Familiarity with AI techniques used in Information Architecture
Please apply through our recruiter's website.