Digitization Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BeltsvilleLAC Group seeks an experienced full-time Digitization Specialist for a position with our client, a prestigious government library located in Beltsville, MD. The Digitization Specialist will be responsible for leading a digitization project aimed at preserving a large bound volume collection, making this collection accessible to the public. The position will also help coordinate digital communications to support organizational partnerships. This is a full time (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position, working on-site at the client’s facility with occasional telework opportunities. Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions work will be performed 100% remotely.
- Lead a digital project aimed at the preservation and accessibility of a bound volumes collection by digitizing material and identifying, creating and formatting metadata.
- Evaluate and prepare physical items for digitization by outside vendors; perform QC on returned work.
- Support organizational partnerships by managing digital communication, web site content, and navigation.
- An MLS plus 3 years experience working with metadata standards and digital objects
- Experience creating web content preferred
- Experience in a law setting preferred
- Understanding of the use of metadata schema and tools (in particular MODS, PubMed and JATS)
- Experience with archival theory and practices and archival management systems.
- Knowledge of utilizing computer technology and software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, and database software; web-based tools)
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.