Digitization Project Coordinator - LibGig
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLibGig, a division of LAC Group, is searching for a Temporary Part-Time Digitization Project Coordinator for a media client in the Downtown Los Angeles area. The Coordinator will be responsible for assessing and preparing archival audiovisual recordings and paper-based materials for digitization. This is a part-time position (about 15-29 hours per week) that will run for approximately 3 months.
- Assess and prepare archival audiovisual recordings and paper-based materials for digitization (including labeling, preservation needs, preparation for vendor handling, etc.).
- Collect and enter relevant metadata into Excel spreadsheets.
- Catalog and information retrieval in archives and digital asset management systems.
- Use in-house equipment and procedures to scan and save materials as directed.
- Consult with Digital Archives Manager to create and designate appropriate file names.
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science/Archiving is strongly preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of experience with media archiving, digitization and material handling within a library, archive, museum or media environment.
- Proficiency with Excel and experience with databases and information retrieval required
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.