Digital Projects Coordinator - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group seeks an experienced full-time Digital Projects Coordinator for a position with our client, a prestigious government library located in Beltsville, MD. The Digital Projects Coordinator will be responsible for leading a digitization project aimed at preserving a large bound volume collection, making this collection accessible to the public. This is a 1 year full time contract (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position, working on-site at the client’s facility.
- Lead a digital project aimed at the preservation and accessibility of a bound volumes collection.
- Work across divisions with multiple team members and follow an exact timeline for deliverables.
- Apply metadata and digitization standards to a large law collection
- Collaborate with Federal employees to apply metadata and will contribute new ideas when needed.
- An MLS plus 3-5 years’ experience working with metadata standards and digital objects
- Experience creating web content preferred
- Experience in a law setting preferred
- Understanding of the use of metadata schema and tools (in particular MODS, PubMed and JATS)
- Experience with archival theory and practices and archival management systems.
- Knowledge of utilizing computer technology and software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, and database software; web-based tools)
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.