Digital Library Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group is seeking an experienced Part-Time Virtual/Remote Digital Initiatives Assistant for a University Library in Los Angeles. This individual will provide support in the development and management of the digital collections, digital scholarship, Digital Commons, the integrated library system, and related library technologies. This position will be 20 hours per week and will be 100% remote.
- Assist with maintaining Digital Collections and the Digital Commons repositories. Upload metadata and digital content to the online repositories and perform quality control procedures.
- Create metadata and organize and manage digital objects.
- Coordinate the processing, compiling, and conversion of media.
- Oversee digitization, materials handling, and maintain proper quality control procedures for the Digital Collections. Maintain documentation in tracking digitization activities and prioritization.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation of workflows and procedures.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a library or information science related position.
- Experience working with digital asset management or institutional repository system, e.g., Digital Commons, CONTENTdm, Fedora, DSpace
- Working knowledge of principles of content description and metadata schema/markup standards, e.g., Dublin Core, MODS, MARC21, and XML.
- Experience using imaging/video editing tools, digitization/scanning technologies, developing workflows and procedures and handling archival materials is preferred.
- Located in the Los Angeles, CA area
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.