Deputy Program Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group seeks a Deputy Program Manager (DPM) to provide direction and oversight of a multi-functional service contract for a federal library located in the Washington, D.C. area. The selected candidate will exercise independent judgment and analytical skills to solve complex and unusual managerial and technical problems pertaining to the on-going functioning of a large and complex, multi-site federal library and knowledge management program. The DPM will provide direction and management of technical and reference service programs and will be responsive for quality assurance policies; development and implementation of procedures, processes, programs, and practices. The DPM will work under the direction of the Program Manager to ensure the program meets all service levels for quality, timeliness, and quantity. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) benefited contract position.
- Provides management and technical direction of the program and provides internal planning, guidance and management structure for tracking accomplishment of work assigned.
- Assists the Program Manager with contract level projects.
- Provides direction and oversight to working supervisors, team leaders or staff in other types of leadership positions. Organizes, directs and coordinates planning and production.
- Oversees tasks, projects or task orders that very in size and complexity, with staff ranging from only a few to 30 or more employees. Ensures maximum effectiveness in use of resources.
- Provides innovative management solutions to client. Leads or assists with all activities related to staffing such as: recruitment, orientation, training, staff production, counseling, remediation, evaluations and performance appraisals, and voluntary or involuntary separation.
- Assists Program Manager in providing innovative management solutions to client. Contributes to new initiatives or projects, for example, contributes to formal training initiatives for new examiners.
- Assists Program Manager with development of plans to address workload spikes.
- Provides input for reports and for other deliverables.
- Works with client on the evolution of performance standards for a wide variety of activities including information or technical research, library services, instructional design and records management.
- Provides support for marketing and outreach activities and for informal and formal events with client and staff.
- Meets routinely with the Government and contract staff. Preparation for, attendance at, and follow-up for these meetings may absorb as much as 50% of the average week.
- Assists the Program Manager with confirming that new projects or initiatives fall with-in level of effort. Communicates client expectations to contract staff.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years in a Government contracting environment; Preferably in a library, knowledge management program or information center
- Minimum 4 years of demonstrated management experience managing service level agreements, quality assurance, planning, processes, and related tasks
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with knowledge management tools, libraries or digital archives.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.