Data Scientist - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BeltsvilleLAC Group is seeking a qualified Data Scientist to work for a major Federal Agency in Beltsville, MD. The Data Scientist will assist the agency by developing and implementing functionality tests for multiple research databases including usability tests and will work with Agency staff to develop and implement ontologies and data dictionaries. Background in working with scientific datasets, particularly in the agricultural and ecological sciences is a plus. This is a full time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position. Contract renewed annually.
- Develop and implement functionality tests for multiple research databases including usability tests
- Work with agency staff to develop and implement ontologies and data dictionaries.
- Review and assess new technologies for automating indexing of datasets
- Create non-bibliographic metadata according to recognized international standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Information, Computer Science, Biology)
- 5-6 Years’ experience with database development and testing
- Experience in the development and/or implementation of ontologies and data dictionaries
- Detailed knowledge of XML
- Experience with digital repositories, metadata standards including ISO 19115, Ecological Metadata Language, Darwin Core, and Datacite; experience with SensorML is a plus
- Background or experience with environmental, ecological, and agricultural sciences a plus including the use of databases such as AGRICOLA.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.