Data Curation Librarian - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking a Data Curation Librarian to support and promote data management and curation as part of a federal agency library in Washington DC. Under direction and guidance from senior staff, the Librarian will coordinate with agency data steward and data producers to develop, implement, and document sound data management practices. As needed, the Librarian may catalog and describe datasets for addition to agency data repositories and support the development of metadata standards including thesauri and other controlled vocabularies. The Librarian will work with agency staff to implement its public access plan as part of the OPEN Government Data Act.
- Cultivate, promote, and nurture a culture of data management and curation
- Work with data stewards and data-producing programs, promote the implementation of data management and data documentation best practices
- Publish dataset metadata for search and retrieval
- Support active and ongoing management and improvement of data through its lifecycle
- Recommend new tools, practices, and technologies to promote data discovery and retrieval, data quality, data re-use
- Support implementation of of the agency Public Access Plan
- Describe and ingest digital objects into a digital repository
- Create and curate persistent identifiers such as Digital Object Identifiers
- Participate in taxonomy/ontology development by recommending new technicals, term, or revisions to existing terms
- Ensure all digital objects are compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, including the 2018 Information Communication Technology refresh.
- 4+ years of experience providing services comparable to those above
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science (MLS) from a university accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- Knowledge of MARC, Dublin Core, and experience with locally developed vocabularies and taxonomies
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, for consideration
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.