Corporate Research Analyst (Onsite/Hybrid) - LAC Group
Location: USA - TX - HoustonLAC Group seeks a Corporate Research Analyst to be part of a progressive global business intelligence team supporting our project at a large global energy/climate tech company. This role will work independently as well as within a global business intelligence team providing research, analysis, business/competitive intelligence, market research, patent review, etc. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious junior candidate or recent graduate with an interest in innovation.
This is a growth-oriented full-time position based in the Houston TX metro area working with a global team and to support business needs coming from client locations in the US as well as UK and mainland Europe.
Ideal candidates will have some business/competitive/patent research experience in growth industry (tech, energy, chemical, etc.). Additionally, experience with databases like Pitchbook, CB Insights and market intelligence tools is a plus.
- Independently conducts retrospective literature and patent searches on technical and business topics for the research and development staff.
- In addition, be capable of conducting insightful and informative review and analysis of information to supplement / complement this research so as to add to the requestors overall understanding of the information
- Produces and distributes regular alerting bulletins covering business, marketplace and technical subjects of new and / or recurring interest to the company – especially in the areas of new energy future, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemicals and biofuels.
- Monitors new developments and commercial activities of competitor companies in key emerging technologies. Provide market / competitive intelligence in sync with internal business partners and business development initiatives.
- Provides analysis of above search/monitoring results to create periodic reports, including graphical representations and summary conclusions.
- Interacts with senior staff in the group and other business units to help assess information needs and suggest projects or services where Technology Intelligence can best meet those needs.
- Presents research results and graphical analysis to staff, e.g., in a variety of methods ranging from onsite to zoom, skype, telephony, etc. as needed.
- Works with other team members to implement and sustain information services, including those linked to the LIS website and delivered via SharePoint.
- At least 1 year of experience in technical information research and/or analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related sciences.
- Experience with tech/market intelligence databases/search services such as: Pitchbook, CB Insights, Dealroom, Alphansese
- Experience with industry related databases is a plus: STN Express, Chemical Abstracts, Derwent World Patents Index, Compendex, EnCompLit, EnCompPat, Dow-Jones Factiva, Elsevier Scopus and MineSoft PatBase, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and interpersonal skills coupled with a passion for synthesizing complex data points into actionable insights
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.