Competitive Intelligence Analyst - LAC Group
Location: USA - Virtual - RemoteLAC Group's virtual research team supporting top AmLaw 100 & 200 law firms and corporate clients is seeking a full-time Competitive Intelligence Analyst to support a busy business development division for a law firm with a diverse practice. This position reports directly to the Director of Information Services, but will work collaboratively with the Director of Business Development. This role requires someone who has demonstrably strong analytical and communication skills, and who is able to convey complex information simply and concisely. Attention to detail is imperative. Knowledge and experience with financial services, corporate transactions, litigation and IP is highly desirable. This position can be located anywhere in the USA or Canada.
- Utilize various sources/databases to compile a variety of intelligence briefings, dossiers, profiles, white papers and other actionable intelligence;
- Lead high-level research and targeting projects firm-wide;
- Monitor alerts and news flow to support proactive business development initiatives;
- Conduct competitive intelligence and bench-marking research within an industry or among peer firms.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree and more than five years’ experience in the workforce is required.
- Experience in either a law firm, finance or investment banking environment is preferred.
- Excellent client service orientation and listening skills, with comfort interacting with key business development and senior firm personnel.
- Proven ability to organize and manage a diverse range of projects, prioritizing multiple tasks with competing deadlines (at times in high-pressure situations).
- Meticulous methods of information acquisition, compilation, and communication (including the use of online information databases, tools and resources); attention to detail is imperative.
- Strong interpersonal skills to cultivate meaningful team and stakeholder relationships. Diplomacy, intellectual curiosity and a positive attitude/sense of humor is preferred.
- Proficiency with Word and PowerPoint, Excel and Sharepoint. Experience using Google Suite is also desired. Must have a working knowledge of other resources and tools including Manzama, Capital IQ, Pitchbook, Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.