Collections Services Manager - Douglas County Libraries
Location: USA - CO - Castle Rock
SALARY RANGE: $2,640 - $3,461 Bi-Weekly DOE
CLOSING DATE: 11/08/2018 11:59 PM
DESCRIPTION: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Douglas County Libraries elevates our community by
inspiring a love of reading, discovery and connection.
Under guidance of the Director of Branch Operations, assumes responsibility for all aspects of Collections Services. Ensures support for DCL core values, initiatives and objectives. Supports a positive culture and premium outcomes through consistent personal, staff and leadership development. Fosters a “one DCL” approach through seamless collaboration and coordination with other departments and locations. Provides proactive and capable leadership in regards to patron, staff and cultural issues, enlisting assistance from resources when needed. Initiates and/or integrates best practices for the benefit of collections and/or district operations. Performs basic and advanced managerial tasks effectively and efficiently. Demonstrates strong insight and strategic ability when exercising independent judgment and initiative.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- An innovative, collaborative, experienced and versatile leader who is passionate about fostering an environment in which department and its team members thrive and grow
- A driven and visionary leader with proven competencies that reflect alignment with DCL core values, strong self-direction, consistent exercise of good judgment, excellent attention to detail and quality results, strong relationships at all levels, adeptness as an adaptable learner and superior communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and a graduate library degree from an ALA accredited school plus ten years’ experience (preferred) in a public library with at least six years’ experience (preferred) in supervisory position(s).*
- Experience: Strong management experience in independent library district and multi-branch environment preferred. Must have proven analytical program management experience. (Verifiable work history and job references required.)
- Intellectual Freedom Advocacy: Understands and supports the principle of intellectual freedom. Ensures that collection management policies embrace and align with intellectual freedom concepts.
*Equivalent education and/or experience may be considered.
BE A PART OF THE DCL TEAM!
APPLY TODAY! EXCELLENT BENEFITS & GREAT TEAM!
Company Website: http://www.dcl.org/join-our-team