Collection Management Coordinator - LAC Group
Location: USA - IL - Chicago
LAC Group seeks a Collection Management Coordinator for a full-time position with our client, a law firm located in the Chicago, IL area. This position requires a high-level use of the library ILS and understanding of law library technical services tasks to take on an important role in scaling back a large print collection while continuing to perform various day-to-day tasks including invoice processing and serial support services related to daily operations of a law firm and its library collections.
- Provide cataloging management support for multiple libraries by updating existing records as well as creating new records. Provide high level of quality control of cataloging records for print and electronic materials.
- Survey users to distribute office copies only to those that need them - maximizing usage of online resources. Maintain office copy records.
- Process office copies for multiple libraries by checking in, labeling, and preparing for mailroom distribution.
- Efficiently acquire research resources (including books, journals, articles and digital licenses) for attorneys, staff, and library in a timely and cost effective manner (ILL when necessary).
- Update library loose-leaf filings and pocket parts when part-time updating service is unavailable.
- Support in overhaul of Firm’s Integrated Library System, EOS.
- Leverage Research Monitor reports to compile and analyze usage statistics to recommend action plans such as cancellation, marketing or training.
- Work closely with leaders in weeding print collection based on pre- determined titles to cancel and providing feedback on further titles to discard.
- Solicit user feedback during subscription renewal periods.
- Track orders placed to ensure timely delivery.
- Assist in tracking down missing/overdue library materials not received.
- Stay up-to-date on new developments and best practices in Library technical services, digital resource management, and related disciplines.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree required – MLIS preferred
- Demonstrated experience providing library support services – preferably in a law library environment
- High level knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of sources of reference and bibliographic material
- High level experience using an Integrated Library System (ILS) – preferably SirsiDynix EOS
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all members of the project team
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimum supervision
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.