Cataloger of Art Monographs - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an experienced Cataloger of Art Monographs for an opportunity to work at a prestigious national library in the Washington, DC area, on a project projected at 2-3 months. The cataloger will provide expert original and copy cataloging for 1,000 items of modern and contemporary art ephemeral materials (eg exhibition announcements, press releases, brochures, etc). Candidates must be familiar with AACR2 and RDA standards for monographs. The ability to balance quantity and quality, with a close attention to detail, is a core part of the role. This is a full-time term position and must be performed on-site.
- Perform complex original and copy cataloging of monographs to facilitate their identification, access, and use.
- Interpret and apply Library of Congress Classification, Subject Headings, AACR2, RDA, OCLC online help and other materials as needed in cataloging and classifying library materials.
- Import finalized MARC records from OCLC Connexion into Horizon ILS
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution
- Must have 3-5 years of cataloging experience.
- Experience in cataloging art and art-related materials is preferred.
- Must have experience with AACR2, RDA, Library of Congress Subject Headings, and Library of Congress Classification.
- Some handling of heavy materials (up to 25 pounds) may be required.
- Strong teamwork, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to catalog in foreign languages, especially European languages, is strongly preferred.
- Examples of prior cataloging work will be requested as part of the screening process
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.