Business Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los Angeles
LAC Group seeks a Business Manager for a multi-office AMLaw 200 firm’s Los Angeles office. This role will provide leadership and management direction to departments within the firm to focus on leading their teams and practicing law. You will work with internal leaders in a variety of departments to help implement the strategic plans to achieve ongoing goals and to develop and execute business processes in support of the strategic and operational goals. Responsibilities include providing day-to-day support and management of the business aspects of each department, including productivity, pricing, staffing, and profitability to advance the strategic goals and objectives of the departments.
- Monitor time reports and coordinate with departments and leaders to maximize productivity and allocation of resources and ensure optimal client service.
- Monitor client billings, carryforwards, collections and write-offs and communicate any issues/trends to departments.
- In collaboration with the Accounting & Finance department, review and analyze profitability reports and other key performance indicators and update departments and leaders on key performance indicators, highlighting potential trouble spots.
- Collaborate with Business Development/Marketing team on responses to RFP’s and pricing.
- Work closely with HR/recruiting to provide support on lateral recruiting activities.
- Monitor and oversee allocation of support resources to maximize efficiency.
- Provide input on annual performance evaluation process for paralegals and secretaries/assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, advanced degree (JD or Masters) preferred.
- A minimum of five years' experience in financial or pricing analysis in a law firm environment a must.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, with the ability to develop and execute comprehensive projects and operational plans.
- Understanding of the financial performance metrics and levers critical to the successful operation of a client-centered professional services environment.
- Fluency with advanced functions of Excel, legal accounting systems (preferably Aderant), and proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to evaluate financial performance data and recommend proactive changes in order to successfully deliver revenue and profit targets.
- Superior customer service ethic, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to gather information from a broad range of sources and to influence others to make changes.
- Executive presence and polish, with the ability to deal and communicate effectively with lawyers, staff and peer administrators, and ability to influence people at all levels in a collaborative manner.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.