Business Development Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - MD - BeltsvilleLAC Group seeks a Business Development Specialist to assist a large federal agency located in Beltsville, MD. The Specialist supports the agency’s Office of Technology Transfer by coordinating the agency’s outreach and collaboration with private sector partners in managing licenses and patents. The ideal candidate is eager to assist the commercialization of new agency technologies. Must be able to step in and handle a variety of tasks with limited oversight, including office management and administrative support. This a full-time position and must be performed on-site.
- Performs marketing campaigns and tracks results by creating excel spreadsheets and entering information into information systems. Contacts inventors and asks them to help identify companies that may have an interest in licensing partnering, and/or investing to advance and commercialize agency technologies. Conducts basic marketing research for individual technologies to identify potential companies and business partners who sell relative product lines and services.
- Interacts with staff for information on marketing, patenting, and licensing.
- Maintains and updates available technologies on agency website.
- Utilizes Microsoft Excel, Concur Travel System, SharePoint, and other agency information systems. Enters and retrieves information and provides reports to staff as requested.
- Prepares office forms, personnel actions, travel documents, news bulletins, brochures and fact sheets in accordance with established procedures using office automation equipment and software. Documents may include scientific/administrative terminology and/or statistical data.
- Sets up teleconferences, webinars, and reserves meeting rooms and maintains calendar for the Assistant Administrator and Deputy Assistant Administrator.
- Receives incoming telephone calls and visitors and refers them to appropriate staff member(s).
- Receives, reviews and routes incoming mail and email to appropriate office staff and operates office photocopiers.
- Provides backup to other administrative employees during periods of absence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Management or other related field OR 5+ years experience in lieu of education
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing or business development; experience working with patents or licensing agreements preferred
- Knowledge of common office software applications to produce letters, memos, and documents including tables, graphs, figure and reports.
- Ability to manage office correspondence
- Skill in the use of computer data processing systems and relational databases is required to input and extract data, maintain and utilize automated systems and conduct computer searches.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.