Business Development Representative - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DC
LAC Group is seeking a dynamic Business Development Representative with expertise in law firm and corporate libraries, to join our expanding practice. Our business development representatives are thought-leaders, excellent communicators (oral and written), have excellent management and planning skills with an entrepreneurial spirit. The Sales Representative will focus on understanding LAC client needs and working with our subject matter experts to develop optimized solutions from our portfolio of services. We are looking for leaders who are comfortable in the C suite environment, have strong communications skills, analytical abilities and are highly collaborative.
What we do for our clients: LAC’s approach to knowledge and information management consulting follows a set of proprietary methodologies that spans the all three stages in the engagement lifecycle of services; from analysis to implementation to management. A typical engagement may include any or all the three stages.
- Provide direct sales and business development to a variety of clients in metro Washington, DC.
- Provide corporate-level oversight and management of assigned accounts
- Meet with stakeholders and company contacts regularly and as needed to establish and maintain relationships
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Ensure contract and service level agreement requirements are fulfilled
- Interact with clients on site, and remotely as needed
- Work directly with customers to enable their use of LAC Group services.
- Work with project managers, team leads and staff to ensure the delivery of quality services
- Identify staff development and training requirements and opportunities; recommend and implement programs; recommend staffing
- Assist with proposal process, including proposal development and editing work
- Provide expert advice to corporate proposal preparation team
- Assist with development of additional business with assigned accounts and in assigned market/business lines by staying abreast of developments at client site, working within the LAC Group’s strategic plan and approach
- Represent LAC Group at local, regional, and national professional events
- Escalates critical customer issues
- Identifies trends, and recommends process improvements
- Maintain data in the company’s Salesforce system
More About LAC Group:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven work experience as a sales representative (emphasis on new business)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, ability to effectively lead many styles and personalities mandatory
- Initiative, go-getter attitude and able to complete projects on time with minimal supervision mandatory
- Ability to develop good relationships with company employees assigned to LAC accounts is mandatory
- Ability to work independently as work well as a member of the LAC Group team is mandatory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to create and develop relationships
- Ability to manage, execute, and follow through with multiple tasks
LAC was founded in 1986 as Library Associates, we are a problem solver providing innovative and practical solutions to information management challenges in personnel & staffing, collection & asset management, research, and consulting in the private sector, government, and nonprofit organizations worldwide.
Today, with almost 400 employees, LAC Group enjoys its well-earned reputation as the leader in its information asset management field, and a premier woman-owned firm; an organization recognized for its integrity and ability to deliver the highest levels of service. With unparalleled accountability, unique in our marketplace, we’ve been consistently exceeding expectations since 1986.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.