Billing Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - AlexandriaLAC Group is seeking Billing Specialists to work for a major Federal Agency in the Alexandria, VA area. The position will primarily support reviews and audits of telecommunications, data, wireless and other bills for discrepancies, billing errors, and excessive or questionable usage. All positions are full-time (40 hours a week, Monday to Friday) positions with benefits offered.
- Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Reviewing and auditing agency bills for potential errors and evidence of waste, fraud or abuse
- Provide recommendations for improved auditing and monitoring processes
- Participate in meetings, manage financial resources, briefings and meetings and use the information to recommend in the application of budgetary policies and procedures with the goal of a clean audit opinion
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or a Business-related major.
- Experience with federal invoicing and billing, preferably with the Department of Defence
- Knowledge of several accounting databases and tools
- Experience reviewing and analyzing invoices for evidence of waste, fraud or abuse
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and required formats to type, proofread, and correct errors in documents consistent with requirements for style and content.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good oral and written communication
- Able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active DOD Secret Clearance strongly preferred
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.