Associate University Librarian for Operations, Finance & Administration - UCR
Location: USA - CA - RiversideThe University of California, Riverside Library seeks nominations and applications for a dynamic, innovative, collaborative, and adaptable administrator to fill the position of Assistant/ Associate University Librarian (AUL) for Operations, Finance and Administration.
The UCR Library is a team of intensely collaborative, forward-thinking colleagues dedicated to providing excellent services to our students, faculty, and community members in a rapidly evolving information environment. The successful candidate will be technologically sophisticated; committed to problem-solving in local, regional, national, and international arenas; able to develop innovative solutions to complex problems; and a dynamic and effective leader.
Under the general direction of the University Librarian, the AUL for Operations, Finance and Administration will
- Lead and supervise the Library’s administration units, including Financial Services, Human Resources, and Library Facilities.
- Serve as the Chief Financial Officer of the Library with responsibility for ensuring effective financial forecasting, budgetary management, and accounting of the Library’s financial operations.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance for the Library’s significant patron-facing services, including the Access Services, Interlibrary Loan and Library Security departments.
- Provide oversight on the maintenance of existing Library facilities and the design and planning of renovations, remodeling, and re-allocation of space within existing and Library facilities, as well as the design and construction of any future Library facilities.
- Serve as the responsible party for negotiating and monitoring the Memorandum of Understandings between the UCR Library and other campus units using spaces within the Library Facilities, including but not limited to the Xcite Center, Health Professions Advising Center, and the School of Medicine.
- Serve as a member of the senior library leadership team, collaborating on policy issues affecting library functional areas, budget allocation, human resources, space planning, communication, and development.
- Represent UCR Library on various local and UC system-wide committees and task forces, and in regional and national library forums and professional organizations.
- In the absence of the University Librarian, assume responsibility for the Library, as assigned.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the University Librarian.
Basic Qualifications (required at time of application):
- Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited library school or equivalent combination of an advanced degree and experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a manager in an academic library.
- Significant ability to manage administrative operations in a complex organization, with specific experience in two or more of the following areas relevant to the position: Budget management, accounting and payroll, financial analysis and reporting, facilities management, human resources, or risk management planning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate and influence others. Ability to engage with diverse stakeholders to develop strategic priorities.
- Experience supervising and mentoring both managers and direct reports. Ability to effectively delegate assignments to individuals and teams.
- Ability to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution.
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively and acting persuasively in sensitive situations and resolving conflict when necessary.
- Experience in developing and maintaining high standards of customer service. Ability to collect and analyze customer feedback for the purpose of operational decision-making.
- Experience leading and supporting organizational change, managing projects, and planning for and implementing new services.
- Awareness of issues impacting academic institutions, business operations, academic operations, and institutional systems and technologies.
- Ability to serve as the library’s liaison to UCR schools, colleges, and committees, and to work collaboratively with campus leaders and administrators.
- Experience working with cross-organizational teams and developing effective and mutually beneficial relationships with campus partners.
- Knowledge of UC governance, organizational structures and relevant UC policies.
- Knowledge of common academic information systems and campus-specific computer applications.
- Experience managing organizational communications and publicity.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing the design and construction of Library facilities, either renovation of existing spaces or new construction.
- Experience managing capital projects.
- Ability to implement organizational assessments and supervise program reviews.
UCR librarians are members of the Librarians Association of the University of California (LAUC). Research, publication, and/or service to the University and profession are expected for continuing advancement. Advancement through the librarian ranks at the University of California is through a series of structured, merit-based evaluations, occurring every two to three years, each of which includes substantial peer review. Excellent retirement system, health, and vacation benefits.
To learn more about the library, visit: https://library.ucr.edu/
Application instructions:Submit your application here: https://apptrkr.com/2296479
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.