Associate Director, Content/Research & Instruction - Babson College
Location: USA - MA - Boston
As a member of Horn Library's leadership team, the Associate Director, Content/Research & Instruction supervises the Research & Instruction and Content Management departments, providing leadership, strategic direction and support. The Associate Director is specifically responsible for setting departmental and individual goals based on library strategic initiatives; leading the Content Management department in forecasting budget needs and leading the Research & Instruction department in developing and implementing policies and practices for providing research and instruction services.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
YOUR TEAM WILL INCLUDE
- Collaborates with senior leadership to develop work processes and culture that support Library needs.
- Supervises the Content and Research & Instruction teams; builds strong collaborative relationships with the Content Management and Research & Instruction departments.
- Responsible for planning and managing the Content budget, providing budget reports as needed to Library Director and other stakeholders.
- Ensures that the library's resources and online presence continually meet the needs of the campus community.
- Develops and keeps abreast of best practices and trends in libraries, including library technology, to recommend, develop, and implement innovative services, practices, resources, and technologies that meet internal and external stakeholder needs.
- Analyzes data pertaining to the Research & Instruction and Content Management departments in order to track progress and make decisions.
- Depending on need, may provide instruction sessions, research consultations, and support to students, faculty, administration, and other members of the campus community.
- Collaborates with librarians and the Academic Technology Innovation Center to investigate, evaluate, and select library and academic tools for acquisition
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Content Management Librarian
- Electronic Resources Librarian
- Lead Instruction & Research Librarian
- Metadata Librarian
- Research & Instruction Librarian (2)
WHAT EDUCATION AND SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science Studies from a school accredited by the American Library Association
- At least 6-8 years of relevant experience (prefer 8+) including a minimum of 3 years in a leadership or management position
- Must have exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be effective at engaging with all levels of the College
- Must have excellent leadership, diplomacy, and team management skills with the ability to engage others through a participative process, while serving as key decision maker.
- Must have a demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse and inclusive student body, faculty, staff, and other constituents
- Ability to influence and manage change, delegate responsibility appropriately, and successfully support staff development
- Ability to think strategically, set priorities, and manage responsibilities independently
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively while maintaining effective working relationships with diverse co-workers, students, faculty, staff, administrators, and other community members
- Ability to create an environment where direct reports have the freedom and security to take initiative; deal with complexities with resilience, resourcefulness, and optimism; and appreciate open-mindedness, creativity, and agility in thought and tactics
- Ability to embrace ideas and changes created by all community members
- Ability to work independently to solve problems; look for opportunities to take on responsibility; take thoughtful risks; and effectively act on new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results
- Ability to anticipate and effectively handles change; demonstrate willingness to try new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
HOW AND WHERE YOU WILL WORK
ADDITIONAL SKILLS YOU MAY HAVE
- All Babson College faculty and staff authorized to work on campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any appropriate boosters. Proof of vaccination upon hire is required or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster. Contact Human Resources for medical accommodation or religious exemption requests.
- This position may require a varying work schedule, including some evening hours.
- Experience with Springshare LibApps preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing technology projects preferred
- Experience with, knowledge of, or willingness to learn about research-related data responsibilities in an academic or research environment preferred
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/5ZqVYKsYrjxEmHXAqspRLZ