Assistant Project Manager (Search Strategy Expert) - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - Alexandria
LAC Group seeks an Assistant Project Manager (Search Strategy Expert) for a federal agency located in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) benefited contract position. The Assistant Project Manager will assist with the management of one or more projects, tasks or task orders. He/she will provide direction, training, and oversight to assigned work groups.
- Assist with all activities related to staffing such as recruitment, orientation, training, staff production, counseling, remediation, evaluations and performance appraisals, and voluntary or involuntary separation.
- Ensure maximum effectiveness in the use of resources.
- Contribute to formal initiatives such as search or training initiatives.
- Assist PM and DPM with the development and implementation of plans to address workload spikes.
- Communicate client expectations on performance standards to contract staff. Provides motivation/instruction for staff to achieve performance standards.
- Assist the PM and the DPM with new initiatives or projects and with the development of innovative management solutions for the client.
- Meet routinely with the Government and contract staff. Preparation for, attendance at, and follow-up for these meetings may absorb as much as 50% of the average week. Assists the PM with communicating to the client that new projects or initiatives fall with-in negotiated level of effort.
- Compile and QC all statistical reports. Develops and updates procedural manuals. Provides input for reports and for other deliverables.
- Provide input to the PM and the DPM concerning performance standards.
- Provide input, planning support and implementation support for marketing and outreach activities and for informal and formal events with client and staff.
- Assistant Manager for the agency’s large training program assisting the Project Manager with ensuring that training support is maintained for critical agency programs.
- Maintain overall readiness of program members to ensure quality instruction.
- Manage the training program, including training for new hires and training for all instructors on new software and systems.
- Develop and enforce the certification process.
- Manage a Knowledge management program to ensure old and new knowledge generated by the program is captured in a meaningful way and is retrievable as a means to transfer knowledge between program members and for new recruits.
- Meet routinely with the Government and contract staff. Preparation for, attendance at, and follow-up for these meetings may absorb as much as 50% of the average week.
- Assists the PM and DPM with confirming that new projects or initiatives fall within LOE (level of effort). Communicates client expectations to contract staff.
- Relevant undergraduate degree such as engineering or instructional design. Master’s in Library Science or related technology preferred.
- Must have a training or teaching experience with adults or professionals, and management experience working with professionals.
- 3 years of search expertise with deep knowledge of searching techniques and resources, especially in a technology or engineering setting.
- Knowledge of patent searching and familiarity with the agency’s search tools.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.