Assistant Library Project Manager - LAC Group
Location: USA - DC - Washington DCLAC Group is seeking an Assistant Library Project Manager to work at a major Federal library in the Washington, DC area overseeing a dynamic team of library technicians and material handlers in a high demand environment. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position.
- Each Assistant Project Manager will have responsibility for one of four technical areas including accessioning of new acquisition, collections maintenance, serials bindery and preservation, and inventory management.
- Supervise and manage the work of library technicians, clerks, and other staff
- Write standard operating procedures, manuals and statistical reports using databases and spreadsheets such as Microsoft Access and Excel.
- 2 years of prior experience working in a law library of 500,000+ volumes
- 2 years of prior experience in Library technical services
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing the work of others
- Ability to address performance and personnel issues
- Ability to compile statistical data to produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Preference will be given to applicants who are proficient in at least one foreign language and who are able to transliterate using Romanization tables.
- Availability to work on nights and weekends highly preferred
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.