Assistant Archivist - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los Angeles
LAC Group seeks an Assistant Archivist for a large, prestigious entertainment/media client in the West Los Angeles area. The position is responsible for preparing photo collections for digital archiving and other related Photo Archive duties. This is an ongoing full-time employment position.
- Assist in asset verification and loading assets into the DAM system, ensuring asset integrity and completion of metadata at various points of contact
- Load/ingest back log of assets into DAM
- Clean up metadata of images currently in the system. Find and correct improper metadata for existing files in database.
- Sort and prepare film collections in the Photo Archives
- Assist with general maintenance of the Photo Library Vault and other areas of the Library
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related area is required.
- Previous experience with material handling, archiving or rights & permissions is preferred.
- Understanding of workflow structures, including photo, layout and design as well as production.
- Experience working with DAMS and database systems.
- Knowledge of digital media functions and terminology and Adobe Photoshop and Bridge. MAC OSX proficient.
- Ability to work and problem solve without close supervision.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.