Archivist - LAC Group
Location: USA - LA - Baton RougeLAC Group is seeking an experienced Archivist for an on-site project in Baton Rouge, LA. This project is scheduled to last at least 1 year and will be a full-time benefited position.
- Inventorying, arranging, rehousing, describing, collecting metadata, and managing digitization for unprocessed photographic material, audiovisual material, and memorabilia.
- Work directly and communicate with an onsite team of archivists and an offsite Project Manager.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, Archives and Records Administration, or another applicable field
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on archives projects
- Experience with Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet software
- Experience creating EAD Findings Aids
- Familiarity with archives information management programs, such as ArchivesSpace
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience working in an academic/University environment
- Experience managing digitization projects
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.