Archives Technician - Douglas County Libraries
Location: USA - CO - Castle Rock
Douglas County Libraries elevates our community by inspiring a love of reading, discovery and connection.
The Archives Technician assists the Archives and Local History department (ALH) at Douglas County Libraries in Castle Rock, CO. This position is responsible for collection management tasks and patron services, including material processing, digitization, arrangement and description, preservation, cataloging, collections research, and reference requests. Work is performed under general supervision.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to conduct historical research, experience with relevant resources and reference material.
- Proficiency with digital technologies or the ability to learn new computer skills quickly, including content management software, scanning equipment, and cataloging systems for libraries and archives.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous work experience in archives, libraries, museums, or a related field preferred.
ADDITIONALLY, YOU WILL:
- Follow department protocols for collection management and description.
- Staff the ALH reference desk as scheduled (6-8 hours weekly) and provide customer service to onsite patrons.
- Respond to public and internal reference queries related to genealogy, local history, and ALH collections.
- Attend ALH department meetings, participate in training events, and report regularly on the status of collections and processing tasks.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and work collaboratively on projects as needed.
Starting Salary: Part Time (26 hrs.) Non-Exempt - $15.27/hour (min.) - $18.36/hour (mid.)
Closing Date: Friday, January 25, 2019 – 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time
Company Website: http://www.dcl.org/join-our-team