Archival Management Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - SpringfieldLAC Group is seeking an Archival Management Specialist to work for a Federal Agency in the Springfield, VA area. The Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing a project plan to organize historical assets including physical and digital assets in coordination with federal staff. The Specialist will use his/her knowledge of sound archival practices to develop standards and procedures for the program, consult on special projects pertaining to historical assets and records management. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- The Archive Management Specialist will organize and participate in official meetings with a variety of personnel, colleagues, and officials as well as provide expert recommendations both verbally and in written reports.
- Provide management and technical direction, analysis, and requirements development within the subject matter area(s) to develop and implement strategies and systems to successfully organize and oversee the archives.
- Administration and oversight of the archives including project management initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closeout.
- Review, evaluation, assessment, and analysis of the archives, federal records, and data.
- Organize physical and digital historical materials, create accessible records management systems, preserve materials for current and future accessibility.
- Provide expert recommendations both verbally and in written reports.
- Gather and analyze archive metrics; administration of logistics and office functions; regular reporting, briefs, planning, communication; and other duties in support of the Historian Program.
- Manage the program SharePoint sites and file-sharing.
- Master’s Degree (Masters of Library Science or a related field with archival coursework)
- Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience with archives, cultural heritage, museum, and/or federal records management experience.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Expert knowledge of, and experience with, archive industry standards, processes, and procedures and federal records management.
- Extensive knowledge applying these principles to the management of an archive collection.
- Experience as an archivist in the federal sector with a technical background and hands-on experience in the archive and/or library fields.
- Experience with managing SharePoint sites
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.