Archival Library Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - CA - Los AngelesLAC Group is seeking an Archival Library Assistant to work at a prestigious university library in West Los Angeles. The selected individual will support archives processing and assist with collections, reference and other areas as needed. This is a full-time position that will continue through the end of the year. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent MLIS graduate looking to gain experience in an academic library or archives setting.
- Assist in the processing of collections by rehousing, arranging and describing materials in accordance with DACS standards; editing and creating records in Archives Space; encoding and uploading finding aids; accessioning new collections according to departmental procedures.
- Assist in the staffing of the front desk and provide reference services and monitoring of researchers in the reading room as needed.
- Assist in the shipping and receiving of special collections materials sent off-campus for digitization, etc., including data entry, condition reporting and photography, packing and shipping.
- Participate in a departmental culture of preservation, assisting in the identification and recording of preservation issues encountered in the performance of routine duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum of 1 year related library or archives experience. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Familiarity with the proper care and handling of special collections
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and to work independently within a framework of assigned responsibilities.
- Exemplary communication and organizational skills
- Basic computer knowledge and fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.