Archival Assistant - LAC Group
Location: USA - GA - Atlanta
LAC Group is seeking an experienced Archival Assistant to work for a prestigious university in Atlanta, GA. The archival assistant will provide support to the library’s Archives & Special Collections department on a project re-housing and preserving the library’s collection. This is a full-time, temporary role that will continue for 3 months.
- Working under the supervision of the University Archivist, the Archival Assistant will create finding aids and other descriptors using Excel
- Re-house the collection by boxing, labeling and inputting data into the library’s archival data management system
- High school graduate, college degree preferred
- Previous experience and knowledge of processing, arrangement and description of archival collections is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Excel
- Excellent oral communication and customer service skills
- Able to lift 45 pounds on a consistent basis
- Comfortable working on a ladder
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.