Adult Services Librarian - Douglas County Libraries
Location: USA - CO - Parker
Douglas County Libraries is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join DCL’s Adult Services Department. The Adult Services Librarian position is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing library services, programs and outreach, within the library and for the community. This position leads and supports the District’s mission and core values. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment and initiative. Do not miss this opportunity!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Focus on high-level customer service. Must practice a “patron first” philosophy.
- Flexibility and versatility; able to handle a variety of situations; great problem solving skills.
- A supportive teammate, ready to pitch in.
- Innovative spirit with a passion for technology – both learning and training others.
- A positive attitude toward staff, volunteers and patrons of all ages in all contact environments.
- Conscientious, consistent, committed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or related field desired. A Masters of Library Science degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in/or aptitude for teaching patrons how to use software applications: ability to assist with instruction of equipment and programs for the Recording Studio – including software for graphic design, audio/video production and editing.
- Experience: Two years previous experience preferably in a public library, bookstore, retail or related environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Serve as a Person in Charge (PIC) within the branch.
- Must work effectively independently or cooperatively as part of a team, maintaining effective working relationships to complete assigned tasks and accomplish job responsibilities.
- Use discretion in addressing problem situations or conflicts at the appropriate level.
- Must read, write and understand English at a level appropriate to the position.
Company Website: http://www.dcl.org/join-our-team