Administrative Support Specialist - LAC Group
Location: USA - VA - AlexandriaLAC Group is seeking a wide range of experienced and qualified Administrative Support Specialists to work for a major Federal Agency in the Alexandria, VA area. The available positions will support a range of administrative support functions including daily office administration and recordkeeping, issuance of building passes, review and processing of invoices, and maintenance of office equipment. All positions are full-time (40 hours a week, Monday to Friday) positions with benefits offered.
- Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing and managing incoming and outgoing correspondence on behalf of senior staff using SharePoint to track official correspondence
- Provide support for planning and convening meetings, working groups, forums and other events by coordinating with attendees, scheduling rooms, and reserving necessary equipment
- Maintain appointment calendars for senior staff using Microsoft Outlook
- Provide support to the organization to enhance the security office’s daily function of validating, certifying and verifying security clearances using the JPAS database
- Use Defense Travel System (DTS) to arrange, coordinate and process travel requirements including preparing authorizations, reviewing and approving itineraries and loding, and processing vouchers
- Provide record management support for physical and electronic records in accordance with NARA and agency standards
- Provide administrative support concerning the issuance of DOD building passes and authorizations.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and knowledgeable of using office automation software packages and equipment to type, edit, and format letters, memoranda, reports, manuscripts, research and education documents, charts, graphs, and/or forms.
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and required formats to type, proofread, and correct errors in documents consistent with requirements for style and content.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good oral and written communication
- Able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active DOD Secret Clearance strongly preferred
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.