Administrative Assistant - LAC Group
Location: Canada - New Brunswick - MonctonLAC Group is seeking two Administrative Assistants in our Moncton, NB office, to support our virtual research team. Reporting to the Director of Research Services, these positions entail intake coordination of new client research requests in support of a fast-paced virtual research team, comprised of researchers located throughout the United States and Canada. All initial requests arrive by email. The assistant monitors and acknowledges all incoming requests, assigns each to a researcher, and monitors tasks through completion. A significant number of requests require direct interaction with customers by email or phone.
Other duties include fulfilling research requests limited to pulling documents from research databases (training will be provided) and assisting with administrative functions as assigned. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional client service and interpersonal communication skills, a technological aptitude, professional writing skills, and a strong attention to detail. This is a full-time opportunity with benefits and the potential for career advancement.
- Serve as the first point of contact for research intake, including direct client interaction and communication, ensuring a smooth and consistent customer experience
- Actively monitor the research queue for all new incoming requests
- Acknowledge receipt of requests, and conduct basic intake reference interviews under client-specific protocols
- Populate research tickets with appropriate metadata
- Under the guidance of the Director of Research Services, assist in the assignment of tickets, taking into consideration the nature of the request and client relationship, the team’s respective workflow including capacity and various specializations, and overall client specifications
- Maintain steady attention to the status, and progress, of tickets in the queue, and perform follow-up accordingly to ensure research tasks are completed on a timely basis
- Regularly communicate with clients in a professional and courteous manner
- Regularly draft clear, concise, professional, written communications
- Engage and work closely with internal and external parties, up to the C-suite level, and do so in a courteous and client centered manner
- Fulfill some entry-level requests that consist of pulling documents from commercial research databases or other web sources (training provided)
- Assist with the development and maintenance of internal department materials, including process workflows and documentation
- Other administrative tasks and duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – a writing test will be conducted as part of the hiring process
- Two (2) years experience in a role with customer contact with an emphasis on client service
- Must be able to work one of the following schedules, Monday-Friday: 9AM-5PM AST (based in the office) or 4PM-12AM AST (remote - must be based in the Moncton area, and may require working from the office in the future)
- Tech-savvy, and comfortable with G-Suite applications, especially Google Sheets
- Must be able to prioritize effectively and manage periods of high volume
- Familiarity with database and/or spreadsheet functionality is a plus
- Law library or other research experience is a plus
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
This is a one-step application process. Please submit your résumé and a recruiter will review it and contact you if we are interested in your candidacy. A cover letter is not required. If we need a cover letter or writing sample, we will request it from you.